Most Active Stories
- 'Rosie The Riveter' World Record Confirmed
- Construction Of Ann Arbor Skatepark Ramping Up Again After Winter Melts Away
- Clouds Likely To Block View Of Lunar Eclipse
- Sinkhole Closes Two Lanes Of Washtenaw Avenue In Ypsilanti
- Cinema Chat: MTV Movie Awards, Le-Weekend, Under The Skin, Heaven Is For Real and More
Robert Smith is a correspondent for NPR's Planet Money where he reports on how the global economy is affecting our lives.
If that sounds a little dry, then you've never heard Planet Money. The team specializes in making economic reporting funny, engaging and understandable. Planet Money has been known to set economic indicators to music, use superheroes to explain central banks, and even buy a toxic asset just to figure it out.
Smith admits that he has no special background in finance or math, just a curiosity about how money works. That kind of curiosity has driven Smith for his 20 years in radio.