Most Active Stories
- State of Michigan's First Witness in Gay Marriage Ban Trail Barred from Testifying
- AUDIO: Rebekah Warren Announces Congressional Exploratory Committee
- Ypsilanti Community Schools Look to Pilot Year-Round Calendar for Two Buildings
- Sesi Motors 5:01 Jazz: Sam Genson Quartet at Rush Street Tonight
- Volunteer for the Spring Pledge Drive
Hometown: Oak Park, IL
Education: Loyola University-Chicago
After stints at WHFR and WSDS Jeremy joined the WEMU staff in 2005 hosting the weekly Roots & Americana program, The Roots Music Project. When not playing canned music on the radio Jeremy enjoys seeing live music around the world.
His top live music experiences include, but are not limited to:
The Grateful Dead-World Music Theatre, Tinley Park, IL (1990)
Johnny Cash-Holiday Star Plaza, Merrillville, IN (1993)
Townes Van Zandt-Schuba’s Tavern, Chicago, IL (1995)
Bob Dylan-Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, TN (2004)
Levon Helm-Midnight Ramble, Woodstock, NY (2007)
His main radio influence is Stuart Rosenberg who used to host Radio Gumbo on WBEZ (and other stations around Chicago in the 1990’s).
Jeremy also like dogs, trains and horses.
Roots Music Project
The Roots Music Project, WEMU's newest locally-produced offering, is hosted by Jeremy Baldwin on Saturdays from Noon to 2 p.m.
The show focuses on the creases and intersections between genres, styles and influences in music and features everything from folk to country, from blues to roots rock, from rockabilly to bluegrass and just about everything in between.