Most Active Stories
Fri November 1, 2013
1st Friday Focus on the Environment: Michigan's Energy Future
On the first Friday of every month, WEMU Morning Edition Host David Fair partners with Michigan League of Conservation voters Executive Director Lisa Wozniak. Together they invite a guest to spend 20-minutes discuss a topic of environmental importance.
This month, our guest is Dan Scripps. Dan is a former State Representative and current President of the Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council. Today's conversation centers on progress that has been made in both energy efficiency and renewable energy usage in the state, where we are going next, and how we'll get there.
Michigan's Energy Future: That's the topic on WEMU's First Friday Focus on the Environment.
More informational resources: Energy Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency Report Confirms Michigan is Ready for Stronger Standard: Michigan LCV news story
- Response from an expert: Anti-energy efficiency testimony falls flat: Marty Kushler dispels myths about energy efficiency
- Factsheet: Cost Savings from Appliance Standards: good numbers on the money saved from efficiency standards
- The Power of Energy Efficiency: report from Michigan Land Use Institute
- Federal level: Status of the Shaheen-Portman energy efficiency bill
- Energy efficiency bill goes from no-brainer to life support to plan b: breakdown of how and why the Shaheen-Portman bill stalled
- Governor Snyder's Report Propels Michigan Toward Stronger Renewable Energy Standard: Michigan LCV news story
- Michigan's biggest utilities eliminating, slashing green energy fees: Detroit Free Press covers positive impact on electricity bills
- Michigan can triple its wind, solar energy production by 2035, report finds: Detroit Free Press on Gov. Snyder's renewable energy report
- Report: state can do better with renewable energy use: Crain's Business Detroit with overview on raising RES