Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Mon March 24, 2014
Ann Arbor To Announce Plans This Week to Address Parking, Traffic Concerns Near Argo Canoe Livery
The popularity of the Argo Cascades and other activities on the Huron River has also posed parking and traffic problems around the Argo Canoe Livery. Ann Arbor officials Wednesday will share proposed solutions to these issues.
Deputy Manager for Parks and Recreation Jeff Straw says there were complaints about a change made last summer to address safety concerns along Longshore Drive.
Straw says most of the solutions to be discussed this week can be in place later this spring. He says they will be looking for input from the public to make sure their ideas have community support.
The meeting will be at the Leslie Science and Nature Center Wednesday at seven. Click here for more information on the meeting.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks and Recreation