Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Mon July 7, 2014
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Celebrates Blake Transit Center Grand Opening
The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority held the official grand opening of the new Blake Transit Center in downtown Ann Arbor today. It's been open since March but it will still be another week or so before buses will use the facility's covered driveway for loading and unloading passengers.
CEO Michael Ford thinks it's great timing. That's because the opening comes as service enhancements connected to the new transit millage are set to roll out next month.
The facility is named after Richard Blake, former marketing coordinator for the AATA. His widow, Rosemarion Blake, was on hand for the opening and believes her husband would like the new larger bus station. The LEED Gold certified building includes more space for passengers, a larger break room for drivers, and office space for the AAATA.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.
Ann Arbor Transit Center