Most Active Stories
- WEMU Announces New Weekend Programming Lineup
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
Fri May 16, 2014
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority's Michael Ford Finalist For New Job
Crain's Detroit Business is reporting the head of the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority is one of three finalists to become CEO of the Regional Transit Authority of Southeast Michigan.
The RTA's Executive and Policy Committee voted Michael Ford a finalist Friday. Former Detroit Department of Transportation director Albert Martin and the former CEO of the Capital Area Transit System in Baton Rouge, Louisiana Brian Marshall are the other remaining candidates.
The full R-T-A board will interview the finalists Wednesday.
The R-T-A last year chose SMART's executive director John Hertel to serve as executive director but he left the job in January after never having a contract or staffing funds in place.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.