The time has arrived. The series of four fairs that comprise the Ann Arbor Art Fair officially opens on Thursday. Participants and fair officials wil spend today setting up. As a result, a number of streets in Ann Arbor are now closed to traffic.
TRAFFIC INFO FOR THIS WEEK:
6 a.m. Wednesday, July 19 through midnight Sunday, July 23, 2017, the following streets will be closed for the Ann Arbor Art Fair special event:
· Liberty from South Ashley to South State St.; Ashley, Fourth Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Division will remain open to through traffic. The Washtenaw Non-Profits will occupy Liberty Street between Fifth Avenue and 200 feet west of Division Street.
· North University from Fletcher to South State St.
· Thayer from North University, including the North University intersection, to East Washington.
· East Washington from South State St. to Fletcher
· South Main St. from the south side of Huron to the north side of William; Huron, Washington, and William Streets will remain open to traffic.
· South State St. from East Washington to Madison
· South University from State to South Forest
· East University from South University Avenue to Willard
· Church from Willard to the entrance of the University of Michigan Church Street parking structure
· Maynard from Liberty to Jefferson
· Jefferson from Maynard to Thompson
· William from State St. to Thompson. The barricade at Thompson will be staffed by Art Fair members at all times.
· Thompson from Liberty to the parking structure entrance/exit