Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Thu November 14, 2013
Ann Arbor Schools Audited Budget Shows Less Use of Fund Balance Than Expected
Ann Arbor Public Schools used less fund balance last year than approved in the final budget. The School Board last night received a briefing on the 2013 fiscal year budget audit. The audit shows the district used $7.2 million dollars in fund balance, compared to projections of up to $9.8 million.
Superintendent Jeanice Swift says halting furniture and most equipment purchases, travel restrictions, and other measures starting in March saved about $1.5 million. Swift says many of these restrictions are back in place following student enrollment numbers not reaching projections in September.
For more information visit the Ann Arbor Public Schools release on the matter: