Most Active Stories
- Clouds Likely To Block View Of Lunar Eclipse
- Construction Of Ann Arbor Skatepark Ramping Up Again After Winter Melts Away
- Ann Arbor Summer Festival Announces 2014 Mainstage Lineup
- Garden Ridge Ready To Move Into Kmart Building
- Cinema Chat: MTV Movie Awards, Le-Weekend, Under The Skin, Heaven Is For Real and More
Fri July 19, 2013
Ann Arbor Schools Offer Brian Osborne Superintendent Job
The Ann Arbor School Board Friday night unanimously voted to offer the district's Superintendent position to Brian Osborne. Osborne is currently the Superintendent of schools for South Orange and Maplewood Schools in New Jersey.
The district hopes to negotiate a contract with Osborne over the next several days. School board members have expressed a desire for the contract to include incentives for Osborne to remain at the job for a long time. Osborne has said if he becomes Ann Arbor's next superintendent he hopes his children will graduate from the district.
The school board choose Osborne over Colorado Springs District 11 Assistant Superintendent for Instruction Jeanice Swift. Board President Deb Mexicotte says both candidates had the skills, experience, and core values needed to serve Ann Arbor. She says Osborne was the unanimous choice because he was a better fit, with his interest in working on Ann Arbor's financial, equity, and innovation challenges.