Most Active Stories
- WEMU Announces New Weekend Programming Lineup
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
Thu February 27, 2014
Bitter Temperatures Pose Potential Health Concerns
The bitter cold weather is expected to last through the weekend causing health concerns.
Susan Ringler Cerniglia is a Health Educator with Washtenaw Public Health. Cerniglia says there is some good news on the health front in they haven't been seeing a lot of flu cases and other illnesses recently. She says the cold temperatures may drive more people to stay inside which can cause an uptick in bugs spreading.
Cerniglia does advise people to dress appropriately even if they only plan on being outside for a short time. She adds healthy eating and exercise can help people resist bugs that are going around.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.