Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Tue April 15, 2014
Construction Of Ann Arbor Skatepark Ramping Up Again After Winter Melts Away
Ann Arbor officials expect to have the construction schedule for the rest of the new skatepark set within the next week. Park Planner Amy Kuras thinks the facility will be completed by the scheduled June 21st grand opening unless there are a lot of weather issues.
Kuras says most of the remaining work is in two areas.
According to Kuras the city will leave it up to the contractor to determine when the concrete is set enough for skateboarders to use the facility.
She’s expecting the new skatepark will attract a lot of people. Click here for WEMU's story on increasing buzz about the skatepark.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks & Rec.