Most Active Stories
- 1st Friday Focus On The Environment: The Threat Of Oil Pipelines
- Obama Tries Going It Alone — And Moves Onto Murky Legal Ground
- All But One Ypsilanti Community Schools Building to Open Friday
- You Know It's Cold When Kenny Martin Wears Pants
- Ann Arbor City Council Delays Decision on Buying Edwards Brothers Property
Mon August 13, 2012
From Curiosity, Another Martian Landscape
NASA has released two more pictures from the Curiosity Mars rover.
One is a color image that shows that wall of the Gale Crater and the other is a close up shot of the area excavated by the rover's descent stage rocket engines.
We've posted the white-balanced version of the photos. In theory those should appear more like what Mars would look like if you were using your eyes.
Also of note: The Wall Street Journal has started stringing together a 360-degree view of the place where Curiosity landed. It's still incomplete, but the paper is adding photos as they come in.