Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Tue June 10, 2014
Eastern Michigan University Tuition Increasing 3.2 Percent, Budget Approved
Eastern Michigan University is increasing funding for public safety and financial aid next school year. The board of regents today approved a $301.9 million general fund budget.
President Susan Martin says the additional $4.6 million in aid means more outstanding students will receive Emerald Scholarships covering close to half of their tuition. She says these students are a good investment because they are taking more classes, staying on campus, and graduating.
Students will pay an extra $10 per credit hour as tuition increases by 3.2 percent. This matches the cap to be eligible for state performance funding.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.