Most Active Stories
- 1st Friday Focus On The Environment: The Threat Of Oil Pipelines
- All But One Ypsilanti Community Schools Building to Open Friday
- You Know It's Cold When Kenny Martin Wears Pants
- Obama Tries Going It Alone — And Moves Onto Murky Legal Ground
- Ann Arbor City Council Delays Decision on Buying Edwards Brothers Property
Tue November 12, 2013
Eat the Street Bringing Food Carts to Ann Arbor's South U
People looking for something to eat in Ann Arbor's South University Area are getting some more options thanks to a new food truck program. Eat the Street is the new program that's a partnership between the South University Area Association and Eat the Hub.
Alex Perlman is with Eat the Hub and owns two food carts. Perlman says they hope the former Pinball Pete's site at 1215 South University will be a successful location for food carts. He says they have done some basic landscaping and worked with the Health Department on prepping the site for food carts. He says hopefully the mix of food will attract both students and some Ann Arbor residents that don't typically come to the South U area.
The carts are expected to last in this location until April when the site will be used for something else. A mix of food carts including Indian, Grilled Cheese, Healthy California inspired, and other options are coming to Ann Arbor's South University area.