Most Active Stories
- 1st Friday Focus On The Environment: The Threat Of Oil Pipelines
- Obama Tries Going It Alone — And Moves Onto Murky Legal Ground
- You Know It's Cold When Kenny Martin Wears Pants
- All But One Ypsilanti Community Schools Building to Open Friday
- Ann Arbor City Council Delays Decision on Buying Edwards Brothers Property
Thu November 14, 2013
EMU and Food Gatherers Team Up to Help the Hungry
Food Gatherers and Eastern Michigan University Athletics are working together to help feed Washtenaw County's needy this winter.
Non-perishable food items are being collected at Monday's men's basketball game against Cleveland State, and at men's and women's games November 23rd and 30th.
Items can also be dropped off in canisters at the EMU Convocation Center any time during the month of November.
Food Gatherers helps 150 local agencies and programs provide hot meals, nutritious snacks and other food assistance to low-income adults, seniors and children.
Visit foodgatherers.org for more information.Upcoming Donation Game Schedule
Nov. 13 - Women's Basketball vs. Butler - 7 p.m.
Nov. 18 - Men's Basketball vs. Cleveland State - 7 p.m.
Nov. 23 - Men's Basketball vs. Texas Arlington - 7 p.m.
Nov. 30 - Women's Basketball vs. Marygrove - 2 p.m.