Most Active Stories
- Unification Of Ypsilanti And Willow Run School Districts Fast Approaching
- Roundabout Construction Near Costco Will Soon Be Underway
- Emilio Teubal is a 'Constant Reinventor'
- Controversial 413 East Huron Development Project wins Ann Arbor City Council Approval
- Local cyclists organize 'Ride of Silence' in Ann Arbor, Ypsilani
Wed March 20, 2013
Generational Differences Evident At Mascot/School Colors Forum
A group of about 35 people, most of them students, got together last night in the Ypsilanti High School media center to talk about mascot and school colors suggestions for Ypsilanti Community Schools.
The generational divide between the students and the adults was obvious, as most of the adults favored a mascot with historical significance, such as Bombers or Liberators, and the kids preferred something new, like Royals or Grizzlies.
Mascot suggestions including Liberators, Bombers, Grizzlies, Royals, Mustangs, Wildcats, Patriots and Trailblazers will be forwarded to an advisory group for consideration, along with the most popular school color combinations: red and black, red and gold, black and gold, and black and neon green.
The community will likely have one more chance to weigh in on a mascot and colors poll before the unified school board makes its final decision.