Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Mon November 4, 2013
Graham Sustainability Institute marks Climate Adaptation Week
The University of Michigan's Graham Sustainability Institute is marking Climate Adaptation Week.
Beth Gibbons is Project Manager of Great Lakes Adaptation and Assessment for Cities at the Graham Institute.
She says a Sustainability Town Hall event takes place Wednesday from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the Hatcher Graduate Library Gallery. There is also a climate-change related tour at the Nichols Arboretum Thursday from 10 am until 12pm, starting at the Reader's Center.
More information at graham.umich.edu.
Event Date: 11/04/2013 - 11/08/2013
Adapting Our Research, Workplace, and Community to a Changing Climate
During the first week of November the Graham Sustainability Institute, in collaboration with the Office of Campus Sustainability and City of Ann Arbor, will feature a variety of events highlighting ongoing climate change adaptation projects and programs taking place across the University of Michigan and City of Ann Arbor. These events will provide opportunities to learn about how the Graham Institute is at the forefront of connecting climate change researchers with practitioners working throughout the ecological, agricultural, and urban sectors.
Climate Adaption Week Events will include the following:
- GLISA Annual Symposium, The Role of Boundary Organizations in Climate Change Adaptation (Live Webstream Option.)
- U-M Sustainability Town Hall: Building Climate Change Adaptation Strategies into Campus Operations
- Adaptation Seminar Open Lecture: Climate Adaptation - Tools to Help with Analysis & Decision Making
- Michigan's Natural Resources Management Community & Climate Change: Finding Solutions
- Climate Change Impacts on Natural Resources – Tour of Nichols Arboretum
- Ann Arbor Green Infrastructure Bus Tour
Please click on the individual links above for event details and registration information.