Most Active Stories
- State of Michigan's First Witness in Gay Marriage Ban Trail Barred from Testifying
- AUDIO: Rebekah Warren Announces Congressional Exploratory Committee
- Ypsilanti Community Schools Look to Pilot Year-Round Calendar for Two Buildings
- Sesi Motors 5:01 Jazz: Sam Genson Quartet at Rush Street Tonight
- Volunteer for the Spring Pledge Drive
Fri June 28, 2013
The Green Room: The Future of Cycling in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti are increasingly becoming bicycle-friendly. As residents throughout Washtenaw County look long and hard at how to better live sustainably in the future, this form of alternative transportation will only continue to grow. In this month's installment of WEMU's "The Green Room", Barbara Lucas explores where we are locally, and how we stack up against a city like Copenhagen, Denmark where 55-percent of the population commutes by bike.
"The Green Room" radio show is a collaboration between the WEMU News Department and the Washtenaw County Environmental Health Division. Through her work with the County, Barbara also co-produces a monthly "Green Room" television show with Ann Arbor's CTN, Channel 19. Archives can be viewed online atwww.ewashtenaw.org/greenroom.
"The Green Room" will take listeners out into the community as reporter, Barbara Lucas, explores important, local environmental topics. Lucas will not only get to the heart of these issues, but will provide a soundscape that supplements and enhances the subject matter, and advances the story in the minds of listeners. WEMU News Director, David Fair, serves as Executive Producer for the monthly feature which will air at 6:50 a.m. and 8:20 a.m.