Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Fri November 29, 2013
Issues of the Environment: Ann Arbor's Climate Action Plan
The climate is changing. The evidence is clear. It's no longer a matter of whether we need to prepare, but instead, how we need to prepare. In this week's installment of WEMU's Issues of the Environment, David Fair talks with Matt Naud. Matt is the City of Ann Arbor's Environmental Coordinator, and has been right in the middle of the city's efforts to adopt a pro-active Climate Action Plan.
- Ann Arbor has an ambitious Climate Action Plan (CAP) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 25% by 2025 – with the goal of a 90% reduction by 2050.
- In 2013 Ann Arbor City Council adopted a 16-goal Sustainability Framework to carry out goals from the Climate Action Plan (approved in November 2012) as part of the city’s Master Plan.