Most Active Stories
- State of Michigan's First Witness in Gay Marriage Ban Trail Barred from Testifying
- AUDIO: Rebekah Warren Announces Congressional Exploratory Committee
- Sesi Motors 5:01 Jazz: Sam Genson Quartet at Rush Street Tonight
- Volunteer for the Spring Pledge Drive
- 1st Friday Focus On The Environment: The Threat Of Oil Pipelines
Wed December 4, 2013
Issues of the Environment: Recycle Ann Arbor
This week, the conversation centers on recycling in Washtenaw County. Our guest is Christine Chessler-Stull, Recycle Ann Arbor’s Outreach & Zero Waste Coordinator.
We will explore a variety of recycle-centric topics and discuss some new programs Recycle Ann Arbor rolled out this year to benefit all Washtenaw County residents, not just those in Ann Arbor.
Listen to the full report:
Issues of the Environment is a regular feature, heard each Wednesday at 8:20am during Morning Edition on 89.1 WEMU. Each week, David Fair invites an expert to join him in conversation about an environmental issue of local importance.
Although Recycle Ann Arbor (RAA) is best known for curbside recycling in the City of Ann Arbor all residents of Washtenaw County can benefit from the services offered in their three other divisions. RAA has rolled out many new programs this year including mattress recycling, hard drive shredding, secure document shredding, vinyl siding recycling, and textile recycling and collection for reuse.
There are three full-service recycling stations:
- The Drop-Off Station
- the ReUse Center
- Jackson Rd. location (formerly named Calvert’s), and (they recycle a vast array of household and construction materials).