Most Active Stories
- The View From Inside Ypsilanti's Historic Water Tower
- EMU Part-Time Lecturers Protest Pay Delay
- More Than Century Old State Law Could Fund Washtenaw County Road Work
- Pianist Benny Green Brings Impressive Jazz Legacy To University Of Michigan
- DTE Proposes Natural Gas Pipeline Through Washtenaw County
Tue August 19, 2014
Joybox Express Ready To Roll: Mr. B Prepares To Hit The Road
- Listen to the full interview, above.
Starting in Lake Itasca, Minnesota, the headwaters of the Mississippi, Mr. B and fellow musician riders plan to ride 2,000 miles reaching New Orleans in about 90 days. Along the way they will be hosted by cities, towns and villages where they will present community concerts as well as in-school music education programs to immerse students in the history of jazz and blues. Focusing on cycling, the Joybox physical activity programs will promote bike safety, skills and endurance-building programs. With Artrain’s guidance, communities will be encouraged to organize group fundraising Joybox Express ride-alongs for the novice or experienced rider – all with the intention of raising funds for local youth arts and athletic programs.
For more information, visit www.joyboxexpress.com
Arts & Culture