Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Thu January 16, 2014
Julie Grand Running For Ann Arbor City Council Again
The former chair of the Ann Arbor Park Advisory Commission is once more seeking a seat on City Council.
Julie Grand has announced she will run for the third ward seat Council member Christopher Taylor is opting not to try to keep as he instead runs for mayor. Grand says she learned some lessons from her narrow defeat to Council member Stephen Kunselman in last year's democratic primary. She says however her philosophy remains the same.
Grand says she is still running to try to make a direct impact on the quality of life in Ann Arbor. She says the city needs leaders who use data, best practices, and community engagement to make decisions on issues while also working on constituent services.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.