Most Active Stories
- State of Michigan's First Witness in Gay Marriage Ban Trail Barred from Testifying
- AUDIO: Rebekah Warren Announces Congressional Exploratory Committee
- Ypsilanti Community Schools Look to Pilot Year-Round Calendar for Two Buildings
- Sesi Motors 5:01 Jazz: Sam Genson Quartet at Rush Street Tonight
- Volunteer for the Spring Pledge Drive
Tue December 31, 2013
Parking Plans for Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium
New Year's Day will be more than just recovering from the party the night before for much of Ann Arbor, as over 100,000 hockey fans are expected for the Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
To help address the parking challenge Ann Arbor's Downtown Development Authority will have parking structures operating like a University of Michigan football game day.
SEE ALSO: ‘The Puck Drops Here’ FAQs
DDA Executive Director Susan Pollay says they have been taking reservations as they expect more visitors who haven't been to Ann Arbor than a typical Michigan game. She says people with reservations will be able to drive directly to their parking structure instead of circling around the city looking for parking.
The National Hockey League will operate shuttle buses from many hotels and parking will also be available at Pioneer High School and Briarwood Mall.
Parking demands might be greater however than a Michigan football game because there won't be 20-thousand students walking from their dorm or apartment to Michigan Stadium.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts & Culture