Most Active Stories
- SnowBuddy Proposal to Clear Snow from Sidewalks in Ann Arbor Neighborhood
- Jeff Daniels urges responsibility at Chelsea meeting
- 1st Friday Focus On The Environment: The Threat Of Oil Pipelines
- Eastern Michigan University Hosts Panel Discussion on Education Achievement Authority
- Obama Tries Going It Alone — And Moves Onto Murky Legal Ground
Mon May 7, 2012
In Photos: Vladimir Putin Assumes The Presidency In Russia
As we've reported, Vladimir Putin's return to Russia's presidency was fraught with drama. But a disputed parliamentary election and many unprecedented protests later, Putin took the oath of office for a third time today.
Putin took the oath amid protests. The New York Times reports 300 were detained, following the round up of 400 detained after a surprisingly large anti-Putin demonstration popped up on Sunday.
We'll leave you with some pictures that tell the story of today.