Most Active Stories
- Clouds Likely To Block View Of Lunar Eclipse
- Construction Of Ann Arbor Skatepark Ramping Up Again After Winter Melts Away
- Garden Ridge Ready To Move Into Kmart Building
- Ann Arbor Summer Festival Announces 2014 Mainstage Lineup
- Cinema Chat: MTV Movie Awards, Le-Weekend, Under The Skin, Heaven Is For Real and More
Thu December 12, 2013
Plante Moran to Audit Ann Arbor Schools Management Processes
Early next year Ann Arbor Public Schools will have a better idea on how effective and efficient their behind the scenes business practices are.
The School Board last night unanimously approved a contract for up to $45,000 with Plante Moran for the audit.
Superintendent Jeanice Swift says since the board originally budgeted up to $80,000 for the audit they will be able to dig deeper into issues raised from the review or other sources. Swift says the audit, her Listen and Learn report, and a benchmark study comparing the district to six similar districts should all be completed in late January or early February. She says this will give the district a good 360 degree look at the health and overall function of the district.