Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Mon August 19, 2013
YCS Board of Education To Take Action On Several Items Before Start Of School Year
It may not be terribly exciting, but tonight's agenda for the Ypsilanti Community schools Board of Education includes some items important to helping the newly-formed district get the school year started on the right foot.
WEMU's Bob Eccles provides a preview of tonight's session:
Contract approvals and other administrative items dominate tonight's Ypsilanti Community Schools Board of Education meeting agenda. The board will consider a $13,000 contract with Stanley Security to re-key district buildings.
Also up for consideration is a $34,000 contract with Johnson Controls to upgrade the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems at Willow Run High School, Ypsilanti Community Middle School, Ford Early Learning Center and Holmes Elementary School. And, the board will consider a contract with Greater Faith Transition Center to lease the Kaiser School building for five years.
Greater Faith Transition Center would pay $2,000 a month, with an option to buy the building for $350,000.