Most Active Stories
- 'Rosie The Riveter' World Record Confirmed
- Construction Of Ann Arbor Skatepark Ramping Up Again After Winter Melts Away
- Clouds Likely To Block View Of Lunar Eclipse
- Sinkhole Closes Two Lanes Of Washtenaw Avenue In Ypsilanti
- Cinema Chat: MTV Movie Awards, Le-Weekend, Under The Skin, Heaven Is For Real and More
Tue October 8, 2013
Ypsilanti Community Schools Approve $158k Alarm Systems; Hires Gibelyou As Facilities Director
The Ypsilanti Community Schools Board of Education last night approved replacing the alarm systems in several district buildings. Superintendent Scott Menzel maintains that most of the new systems are being installed in former Willow Run school district buildings.
Bob Eccles has the full story:
Menzel adds that the $158,000 cost of the alarm system replacements was included in the budget for the consolidation grant the district got from the state, but the original deadline for spending the grant money was September 30th. He's confident the state will grant Ypsilanti Community Schools an extension that would give the district until the end of June next year to spend the grant money.
Separately, the school board also approved the hiring of former Milan Area Schools Facilities Director, Timothy Gibelyou to serve in the same capacity for Ypsilanti Community Schools at a pro-rated annual salary of $90,000 for the year. Gibelyou comes to the YCS district with 10 years of experience as the facilities manager for the Milan schools.