Most Active Stories
- Ann Arbor Gearing Up To Celebrate Manchester United-Real Madrid Game
- Correction - Interview: 12th Congressional District Candidate Raymond Mullins
- Issues Of The Environment: Trying To Prevent Oil Drilling In Scio Township
- The Green Room: The Local Buzz About Pollinator Decline
- Issues Of The Environment: The Urbanwood Project In Ann Arbor
Issues of the Environment
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:35am
A Grassroots Organization Vows To Fight On To Prevent Oil Drilling Despite Court Loss
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:30am
In this week's installment of 'Issues of the Environment', we explore the growing benefits of salvage wood and the difference it's making right here at home.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:09am
Meet the Gold family from Superior Township. They've turned their land into an innovative, self-sustaining property.
The Gold family owns and operates a farming “homestead” in Washtenaw County known as “Our Handmade Life”, where they live a self-sustaining, green life and they offer courses to the public on how they do it.
The farm, on Vreeland Road, features a bio-intensive passive greenhouse (no fossil fuels!), the Michigan Folk School, dozens of varieties of organic produce, mushrooms, goats, and chickens.
Jason and Julia Gold have operated “Our Handmade Life” since 2011, and both the farm and the school have expanded every year since. They are currently offering classes on chicken butchering, earth ovens, soap making, fermentation, ale brewing, and much more.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014 9:56am
Boaters Can Take Responsibility for Mitigation of Environmental Harm
Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:33am