Most Active Stories
- Washtenaw International High School Tops In County On ACT
- Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Celebrates Blake Transit Center Grand Opening
- Sound Matters: Noise And Its Impacts
- 'Hellion', 'Third Person', 'The German Doctor' And 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes'
- Townie Street Party Set To Kick Off Ann Arbor Art Fairs Week
Bob Mondello, who jokes that he was a jinx at the beginning of his critical career, "hired to write for every small paper in Washington, D.C., just as it was about to fold," saw that jink broken in 1984, when he came to NPR.
For more than a quarter-century, Mondello has reviewed movies and covered the arts for NPR News, seeing at least 250 films and 100 plays annually, then sharing critiques and commentaries about the most intriguing on NPR's award-winning newsmagazine All Things Considered. In 2005, he conceived and co-produced NPR's eight-part series "American Stages," exploring the history, reach, and accomplishments of the regional theater movement.
Midnight to 5:00a.m.Gregg McVicar
Undercurrents, hosted by Peabody Award winner Gregg McVicar, is called “American music with a passport” and lives up to that claim with an intriguing, well-produced, expertly hosted, and very listenable mix of rock, blues, jazz, folk, native, Americana, funk, electronica, reggae, roots, world, dub, and alt country music. Undercurrents comes from RadioCamp LLC and is distributed by Native Voice One: The Native American Radio Service.