Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
WXXI Public Broadcasting: Zack Seward
WXXI/Finger Lakes reporter for the Innovation Trail.
Zack Seward had only a few weeks to catch his breath between graduating from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and becoming the first reporter hired for the project.
Prior to his graduate studies, Seward was a production assistant at the PBS NewsHour, where he researched and developed breaking news stories as well as features for both the Health and Arts & Culture units. He also served at the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver with the NewsHour, and wrote for the NewsHour's Art Beat blog.
Seward got his start in public media when he was an anthropology student at the University of Chicago, as a production intern for WTTW's Chicago Tonight. He has also conducted internships in regional transportation planning and neighborhood revitalization. He's originally from San Francisco.