Most Active Stories
- State of Michigan's First Witness in Gay Marriage Ban Trail Barred from Testifying
- AUDIO: Rebekah Warren Announces Congressional Exploratory Committee
- Ypsilanti Community Schools Look to Pilot Year-Round Calendar for Two Buildings
- Volunteer for the Spring Pledge Drive
- Sesi Motors 5:01 Jazz: Sam Genson Quartet at Rush Street This Friday
Tue December 24, 2013
A2 Bike House Getting Good Usage, Program May Expand to Other Parking Structures
The success of Ann Arbor's bike house inside the Maynard Street Parking Structure has officials with the Downtown Development Authority and the Get Downtown Program considering putting another one in other parking structures.
The enclosed and covered bike house opened in May with space for 30 bikes in what had been two parking spaces.
GetDowntown Program Director, Nancy Shore says the feedback they've gotten from users of the bike house is that it's another valuable option to get to work. She adds that they've also heard that some people that occasionally used a bike to get to work are doing so more frequently now that they have a safe place to store their bike out of the elements.
Shore says the bike house gets the most use from nine-to-five, primarily from people who work in the State Street area.