Most Active Stories
- Art Exhibit Shines Light On Human Trafficking
- Sound Matters: Noise And Its Impacts
- Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Celebrates Blake Transit Center Grand Opening
- Ypsilanti Community Schools Board Approves Budget, Names New Superintendent
- Washtenaw International High School Tops In County On ACT
Thu February 7, 2013
Aaron Neville’s “My True Story” Most-Played CD on WEMU Sweet Sixteen
Given the repertoire, it was only natural that Aaron Neville’s “My True Story” would be the most-played CD on WEMU.
It is his stroll down memory lane from the “doo wop era”, but it is also the soundtrack of so many of our lives cast through the prism of the pristine voice of Aaron Neville.
No expense was spared in the mix or mastering.
Producers Don Was and Keith Richards have created an American treasure with “My True Story”. If you’re looking for special Valentine’s Day dinner music, this would be perfect.
January 28 to February 3, 2013
1. AARON NEVILLE “My True Story” (Blue Note Records)
2. AGUANKÓ “Elemental” (PKO Records)
3. ORGANISSIMO " Dedicated" (Big O Records)
4. JOSÉ JAMES “No Beginning No End” (Blue Note Records)
5. KEVIN MAHOGANY “Old, New, Borrowed & The Blues” (Mahogany Jazz/Maristar Productions)
6. KEVIN EUBANKS “The Messenger” (Mack Avenue Records)
7. ANN RABSON WITH BOB MARGOLIN “Not Alone” (VizzTone Records)
8. BEN HARPER WITH CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE “Get Up!” (Stax Records)
9. CHESTER “CT” THOMPSON “Mixology” (Doodlin’ Records)
10. LITTLE JOE McLERRAN "Facebook Blues" (RBR)
11. MANU KATCHE “Manu Katche” (ECM Records)
12. MENAHAN STREET BAND "The Crossing" (Dunham Records)
13. ROBBEN FORD “Bringing It Back Home” (Provogue)
14. THE SKINNY “Dig On It” (Tippin')
15. SCOTT GWINNELL “Cass Corridor Story” (Detroit Music Factory)
16. TERRI LYNE CARRINGTON “Money Jungle: Provocative In Blue” (Concord Jazz)
~ Compiled by Patrick Holubik and Linda Yohn