Most Active Stories
- WEMU Announces New Weekend Programming Lineup
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
Mon March 17, 2014
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Opens New Blake Transit Center [Photos]
While work is still underway, The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority opened the new Blake Transit Center today.
The cold weather has prevented the driveway pavement from being poured so buses are still being loaded in temporary locations.
Passenger Susannah Kleis is a big supporter of The Ride and likes the new facility. She thinks the new lobby is brighter and when the entire building is complete it will be stunning.
In addition to a new brighter lobby, the new transit center has more ticketing options, a real time bus tracker monitor, and larger restroom facilities. The second story includes office space for the Get Downtown program, a conference room that can be used for training, and nicer facilities for bus operators to use during their break time.
— TheRide (@CatchTheRide) March 17, 2014
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.