Most Active Stories
- The View From Inside Ypsilanti's Historic Water Tower
- University of Michigan Police Reviewing Protocols In Light Of Gunman Scare
- More Than Century Old State Law Could Fund Washtenaw County Road Work
- Whitmore Lake Residents Have Questions Around Possible School Annexation
- EMU Part-Time Lecturers Protest Pay Delay
Mon March 17, 2014
Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority Opens New Blake Transit Center [Photos]
While work is still underway, The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority opened the new Blake Transit Center today.
The cold weather has prevented the driveway pavement from being poured so buses are still being loaded in temporary locations.
Passenger Susannah Kleis is a big supporter of The Ride and likes the new facility. She thinks the new lobby is brighter and when the entire building is complete it will be stunning.
In addition to a new brighter lobby, the new transit center has more ticketing options, a real time bus tracker monitor, and larger restroom facilities. The second story includes office space for the Get Downtown program, a conference room that can be used for training, and nicer facilities for bus operators to use during their break time.
— TheRide (@CatchTheRide) March 17, 2014
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.