Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Fri May 16, 2014
Ann Arbor City Council To Set 2015 Budget Monday
Ann Arbor City Council Monday night will approve city administrator Steve Powers proposed $98 million general fund budget for next fiscal year.
First however council members will consider a variety of amendments.
Council member Jane Lumm thinks the city should do more than add three positions in police services, so she will request a total of five new positions. Lumm will also again propose the return of street-side leaf and christmas tree pick-ups.
Council Member Christopher Taylor is introducing a proposal for a community facing energy efficiency program.
Chuck Warpehoski is urging for additional funding for substance abuse treatment and prevention.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.