Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Mon March 31, 2014
Ann Arbor Public Schools Deadline For Schools Of Choice Applications Is Tuesday
Ann Arbor Public Schools hopes for a boost in enrollment through schools of choice are down to the final days. Tuesday at five is the deadline for applications to be completed.
The district made 750 schools of choice seats available this year and the more students that come to the district the smaller the projected budget shortfall will be for the fall.
Superintendent Jeanice Swift says it's hard to know the final number of school of choice kids that will come to the district.
Parents will be notified within two weeks of the status of their application.
Swift says applications have been coming in at a brisk pace and she's expecting a spike in the last couple of days.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.