Most Active Stories
- Stretch Of Ann Arbor-Saline Road To Reopen As Construction Moves To Phase Three
- Detroit Jazz Festival Music: Walter White's 'Most Triumphant'
- WATCH: Public Radio Takes On The ALS #IceBucketChallenge
- Joybox Express Ready To Roll: Mr. B Prepares To Hit The Road
- Mixed Reaction To Ann Arbor City Council Failing To Amend Taxicab Ordinance
Thu May 22, 2014
Critics Of Genetically Modified Organisms Will March In Ann Arbor Saturday
More companies are pledging not to use Genetically Modified Organisms. That's welcome news to organizers of March Against Monsanto events planned in Ann Arbor and hundreds of other locations Saturday.
Kryssi Jones organized the March Against Monsanto in Ann Arbor. Jones thinks a variety of health concerns can be tied to G-M-Os. She's calling on everyone to come out and fight for control over their food.
The Ann Arbor march starts at Liberty Plaza at one and will end with a rally.
Jones is expecting about 2,000 people this year, and is hoping police will allow the event to go forward. She was arrested at last year's event and plans to have attorneys on hand this time.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.