Most Active Stories
- State of Michigan's First Witness in Gay Marriage Ban Trail Barred from Testifying
- AUDIO: Rebekah Warren Announces Congressional Exploratory Committee
- Ypsilanti Community Schools Look to Pilot Year-Round Calendar for Two Buildings
- Sesi Motors 5:01 Jazz: Sam Genson Quartet at Rush Street Tonight
- Volunteer for the Spring Pledge Drive
Tue August 6, 2013
Election Day in Washtenaw County
As far as elections go, today is going to be a light day in Washtenaw County.
Ypsilanti Township has four tax questions on the ballot.
- Proposition "A" would generate revenues to replace some of the fire service revenues lost due to decrease in property values.
- Proposition "B" would generate revenues to replace some of the police services revenue lost due to decrease in property values.
- Proposition "C" would raise money for the purpose of providing revenues for recreation and park facilities, bike paths, the repair of sidewalks and roads and general operating purposes.
- Proposal "D" Would provide money for waste collection and environmental protection.
In Ann Arbor, there are two contested, Democratic primary races for city council.
- In the 3rd Ward Julie Grand is looking to unseat Incumbent Stephen Kunselman.
- In the 4th Ward. Marcia Higgins seeks to fend off a challenge from Jack Eaton. The winners today will be unopposed in November, barring a write-in campaign.
Voters in the Whitmore Lake School District will decide a $12.3 million dollar bond issue. If passed, the district would sell bonds to raise money to remodel and update school facilities.
WEMU's Andrew Cluley has a look at anticipated voter turnout today.
The polls are open until 8pm tonight.
As they become available, WEMU will provide results on-air and via our Facebook Page. For a full wrap-up of today's elections, make sure to listen to "Morning Edition" on Wednesday.