Most Active Stories
- WEMU Announces New Weekend Programming Lineup
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
Fri April 26, 2013
The Green Room: 35 years of Recycle Ann Arbor
From a half-dozen college students with a beat up truck to a major business, Barbara Lucas traces the 35 year history of Recycle Ann Arbor on The Green Room from WEMU.
"The Green Room" radio show is a collaboration between the WEMU News Department and the Washtenaw County Environmental Health Division. Through her work with the County, Barbara also co-produces a monthly "Green Room" television show with Ann Arbor's CTN, Channel 19. Archives can be viewed online atwww.ewashtenaw.org/greenroom.
"The Green Room" will take listeners out into the community as reporter, Barbara Lucas, explores important, local environmental topics. Lucas will not only get to the heart of these issues, but will provide a soundscape that supplements and enhances the subject matter, and advances the story in the minds of listeners. WEMU News Director, David Fair, serves as Executive Producer for the monthly feature which will air at 6:50 a.m. and 8:20 a.m.
Ann Arbor School Board