Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Fri April 18, 2014
Michigan Runner Returning To Boston Marathon After Being Stopped Blocks From Finish Last Year
An area runner will return to the Boston Marathon this year partly to show he will do what he wants to do and isn't letting fear stop him. Police stopped John Farah just blocks from the finish line last year when the first bomb went off.
Farah is one of about 30 area runners that train with PR Fitness and will be running the Boston Marathon Monday. Farah thinks the race will be safe this year as he runs Boston for the 19th time.
Farah says it took him well over an hour to connect with family members last year. He says not knowing if they were safe at the finish line was the hardest part of the experience for him.