Most Active Stories
- Sen. Warren: We Need Regulators Who 'Work For The American People'
- Changes Likely Before Governor Snyder Will Approve Medical Marijuana Bills
- University of Michigan Students, Alumni Calling For Dismissal Of Athletic Director
- DTE Proposes Natural Gas Pipeline Through Washtenaw County
- WATCH: Mr. B's Joybox Express - Mr. B Gives WEMU Listeners An Update From The Mississippi River Ride
Wed July 16, 2014
Mr B and Other Musicians Provide Art Fair Soundtrack
At the Ann Arbor Art Fair, the pieces on display are a feast for the eyes. They’re accompanied by all kinds of incredible music.
For 35 years Mark Braun, better known as Mr B has entertained visitors to the Ann Arbor Art Fair. Despite missing only two days over all that time he rarely has seen much of the fair beyond his piano. Mr B says he’s had genuinely great experiences meeting people at the art fair. “Thank you so much for doing this, we love it. Or my dad used to hear you and he’s gone now. Or I came when I was a little girl, you know when I was three and now I’ve got my little girl with me, and this type of thing. And it’s, it’s good man."
Mr. B says throughout the year he’ll run into people around town that only know him from the art fair.
Of course with 3 music stages and dozens of other musicians performing across the 4 art fairs Mr B’s piano is just one of many sounds you will hear.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.