Most Active Stories
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
- Milestone For Yankee Air Museum Bomber Plant Purchase
Tue May 27, 2014
New Book On Ann Arbor's Architecture Released
A new book highlights the most important buildings of Ann Arbor. Susan Wineberg and Patrick McCauley's "Historic Ann Arbor: An architectural Guide" includes 375 of the city's outstanding structures.
McCauley says the book really looks beyond the physical aspects of these buildings and tries to tell the story of the people that lived or worked in them. He hopes this will increase community interest in these buildings to ensure they are preserved for the future.
McCauley says the project grew out of research he did on his own home and a desire to update Wineberg's earlier book on Ann Arbor architecture. He thinks Ann Arbor has a great mix of styles from Greek Revival to Mid-Century Modern.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.