Most Active Stories
- WEMU Announces New Weekend Programming Lineup
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
Mon March 31, 2014
Planning Commission To Consider Ruth's Chris Plan, Drive-Thru Facilities Change Tuesday
Ann Arbor's Planning Commission Tuesday will consider the site plan for a proposed restaurant on Fourth Avenue, as well as a change to the zoning ordinance regarding drive-thru facilities.
The plan is for a Ruth's Chris Steak House in the former Dream Nite Club site at 314 South Fourth Avenue. The proposal calls for renovation of the building and adding a second-level mezzanine over the front portion of the building. Planning staff has recommended the commission postpone action at this time.
Planning Commission will also consider an amendment to the zoning ordinance to add a definition of a drive-thru facility, and allow accessory drive thru facilities as special exception uses in several zoning classifications. This includes office, business service, and fringe commercial districts. The amendment will make permitted and special exception uses consistent with the master plan recommendations in the affected zoning districts.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.