Third Annual Ann Arbor Marathon Sunday
Runners will hit the streets of Ann Arbor Sunday morning for the 3rd annual Ann Arbor Marathon, half-marathon, 5-K and 1.2 mile run. The first two Ann Arbor Marathons took place in June, but this year it has been moved to March based on feedback from runners.
Paige Pearcy is a University of Michigan student who will be running her first half-marathon and has had mixed thoughts about the earlier date.
The full marathon course has also been changed to essentially be two laps of the half marathon course. This means runners will be on Geddes much longer than in the past but the out-and back stretch to Briarwood Mall has been eliminated.
2014 ANN ARBOR MARATHON STREET BY STREET CLOSURE TIMES AND ANALYSIS
- Main St. from Stadium Blvd. to William: 7:00am to 8:10am
- Main St. from William to Liberty: 7:00am to 2:30pm
- Liberty from Main St. to Fifth Ave.: 7:15am to 8:15am
- Liberty from Fifth Ave to State: 7:15am to 10:30am
- State from Liberty to North University: 7:15am to 10:35am
- North University to East University Pedestrian Mall: 7:15am to 10:40am
- Observatory from CCRB Bridge exit to Geddes: 7:15am to 8:00am
- Geddes from Observatory to Huron Parkway: 7:15am to 11:15am
The marathon and half-marathon both start at 7:30 Sunday morning at Main Street near Michigan Stadium and the finish line will be on Main Street in the heart of downtown.
Click here for more information on the Ann Arbor Marathon.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.