Most Active Stories
- The View From Inside Ypsilanti's Historic Water Tower
- EMU Part-Time Lecturers Protest Pay Delay
- More Than Century Old State Law Could Fund Washtenaw County Road Work
- Pianist Benny Green Brings Impressive Jazz Legacy To University Of Michigan
- Eastern Michigan University Professor Receives National Award
Fri July 11, 2014
Townie Street Party Set To Kick Off Ann Arbor Art Fairs Week
About a thousand artists and a half million visitors are expected in Ann Arbor for the city's four art fairs. Before art takes over the city the 10th annual Townie Street Party is Monday night.
Ann Arbor Steet Art Fair: The Original Director Maureen Riley says the party serves as a fundraiser for the fair's educational and community outreach activities. The non-profit organization works to promote contemporary fine art.
Riley says new to the party this year is the Dart for Art, a one mile race that ends at Hill Auditorium. Also on tap is live music, interactive events, and a kids art fair.
The party runs from 5 to 9:30 PM on Washington between Thayer and Fletcher and on Ingalls Mall. RELATED: Five Tips For Attending Ann Arbor’s Art Fair
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com.