U-M Nurse Died From Drugs Stolen From Patients
Police say that a 29-year-old nurse found dead in December at a University of Michigan hospital three months ago, overdosed on drugs she took from her patients.
The Ann Arbor News says an autopsy shows the nurse died from a mix of two drugs that are frequently used together to sedate patients before surgery. The autopsy classifies the death as accidental.
University of Michigan police say a bag of one of the drugs had been checked out for a patient found with the nurse. The nurse worked in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit. She was found dead December 6th in a locked bathroom at the Neuroscience Hospital.