Most Active Stories
- WEMU Announces New Weekend Programming Lineup
- Blues Guitar Legend Johnny Winter Dead At 70
- Despite California's Drought, Taps Still Flowing In LA County
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Candidates Share Thoughts On Affordable Housing And Homelessness
- Issues of the Environment: Sustainable Living On The 'Homestead'
Wed June 18, 2014
University Of Michigan Cancer Center Back To Normal Operations After Hazardous Materials Scare
The University of Michigan Cancer Center was briefly evacuated Tuesday due to a hazardous material scare. A solvent being used in an autoclave in a seventh floor research area was the cause.
Public Safety spokesperson Diane Brown says nobody was injured. She says four employees got medical evaluations and were released.The Washtenaw County HAZMAT team and other emergency personnel responded to the incident.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.