Most Active Stories
- The View From Inside Ypsilanti's Historic Water Tower
- University of Michigan Police Reviewing Protocols In Light Of Gunman Scare
- Whitmore Lake Residents Have Questions Around Possible School Annexation
- Ann Arbor's STEAM At Northside Sees Jump In Enrollment
- More Than Century Old State Law Could Fund Washtenaw County Road Work
Tue April 15, 2014
Construction Of Ann Arbor Skatepark Ramping Up Again After Winter Melts Away
Ann Arbor officials expect to have the construction schedule for the rest of the new skatepark set within the next week. Park Planner Amy Kuras thinks the facility will be completed by the scheduled June 21st grand opening unless there are a lot of weather issues.
Kuras says most of the remaining work is in two areas.
According to Kuras the city will leave it up to the contractor to determine when the concrete is set enough for skateboarders to use the facility.
She’s expecting the new skatepark will attract a lot of people. Click here for WEMU's story on increasing buzz about the skatepark.
— Andrew Cluley is the Ann Arbor beat reporter, and anchor for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks & Rec.